All of us involved in providing Hampshire drug and alcohol service understand that substance misuse impacts the whole family and wider community not just the individual. We take our work with families and carers very seriously.
Parent Support Link (PSL) provide an integrated family and carer support service to anyone affected by someone else’s use of drugs or alcohol.
Often people can feel embarrassed or ashamed of their loved one’s use of drugs or alcohol. This can often leave individuals feeling that they are unable to talk to other family members or friends without feeling judged or embarrassed.
Here at PSL we have a range of experiences which enables us to support you in difficult times where it can be common to feel anxiety, isolation, shame, depression and lots of other emotions. We have lots of support options available;
- One-to-one support by appointment
- Support groups
- Whole family sessions
- Couples support sessions
- A chance to find out what other help is available
- Information about the effects of drugs and alcohol
- A confidential and non-judgemental listening policy
- An opportunity and link to others in similar situations
We have a 24hr Carers help line: 02380399764