We have a variety of roles to suit your skills, abilities and aspirations. We have three broad stages within our scheme:
- Recovery Supporter
- Recovery Mentor
- Engagement Volunteer & Volunteer Recovery Worker
Everyone starts as a Recovery Supporter and through our robust training and supervision, you will progress through the scheme at a pace that is suited to you. Progression is tailored around your desired goals and we will work with you to reach your potential.
One of the most enjoyable aspects to volunteering at Inclusion is meeting people from all walks of life and in talking to them you somehow ignite something already deep within them that slowly begins to flourish. – Read more about Sue’s journey here.
The Volunteer scheme is underpinned by our Trust’s values. We also believe that:
- Participation grows recovery
- All lived experience is valid and valued
- You do not have to be fully recovered or have had a drug or alcohol problem to help
- Giving, Learning, Connecting is good for you
- We match skills and abilities to roles
- We match training and support to levels of responsibility
- We want a transparent system that everyone understands
- Learn and develop at your own pace with guidance and support
If there is something you feel you could offer our services, please get in touch with us to discuss your ideas! Drop us an email at InclusionVolunteering@mpft.nhs.uk for an informal discussion.
All roles are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check. We consider each check on an individual basis.